Equity Statement: Preference will be given to suitably certified Applicants who are individuals of the specialized agencies in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are involved in making use of any of the marketed positions have to observe through registering on the Careers area of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in finishing all required small print on the profile, and then observe for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is 04.02.2022. It is the accountability of the applicant to make sure that HR has obtained the utility earlier than the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have now not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this commercial please reflect on consideration on your software as unsuccessful.
Any questions involving the software or recruitment procedure must be despatched in writing to MANDISA.DURUWE@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, individuals of the public, and our suppliers to document any form of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or e-mail Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division: TPT East London MPT
Position Title: Port Worker
Employee Group: Non-Permanent
Location: East London
Reporting To: Operations Supervisor
Grade Level: HRLYL1
Reference Number: 2021231
The provision of labor as directed by way of the supervisor in order to make certain secure and smooth working surroundings or optimized cargo
- Cleaning of operational gear (such as ship to shore cranes, windows, cranes Cabins etc.)
- Inspection of container condition
- Reefer monitoring operations
- Opening and closing of rail wagons twist locks.
- Loading, offloading, and stacking of cargo in compliance of the widespread running procedures
- Tarping/untarping the place applicable.
- Place/removed damage
- Cleaning of operational environment, rail, truck, workshop, offices, Shed sand ablution amenities as instructed.
- Complete relevant i.e. accident report
- Identification of right cargo managing equipment/ tools.
Qualifications & Experience:
Matric with a minimum of two years journey as a port worker/ widely widespread worker
Attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its personnel, or representatives by no means ask for a rate from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please record any suspicious things to do in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.