Location: Stellenbosch Local Municipality
Province: Western Cape
Reference number: FS/RE/REV/CMC/SBC/12
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Clerk: Cash Control
Minimum Requirements: Grade 12 with Accounting
● 1 years experience as a cashier
● Valid Code B Drivers Licence
● Computer literate in MS Office package, Outlook, Internet
● Ability to work under pressure
and adhere to strict deadlines
● Good communication skills in at least two of the three official Western Cape
languages (Afrikaans, English, Xhosa)
● Good interpersonal and Customer Service skills
● Work overtime when
●able to calculate and reconcile income
●attention to detail
● Daily receipting procedures to ensure capturing of all revenue on the receipting system, to ensure all receipting transactions are captured effectively and correctly, balancing of the cash register and depositing of cash, cheques, and debit/credit cards and to ensure that all receipting and relating documents are secured and accounted for
● Attend to Client Enquiries and general administrative duties.
● Be Safety conscious
Job-related enquiries: Pieter Wagener at (021 808 8531)
General Enquiries: Lanese September 021 808 8064 or Lucretia Koegelenberg 021 808 8102
Salary: R 120 926.71- R 156 198.52 (subject to evaluation) Plus benefits
Applications, clearly marked and accompanied by a covering letter, a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications, and the details of contactable referees, must be emailed to the Human Resource Management Services at Stellenbosch Municipality at the following email address specifically linked to the above Directorate: email@example.com
Please state the name of the position in the subject of your email for identification purposes.
Applications for the above-mentioned vacancy must be sent via the given email. If not it will not be considered. No hand-delivered or posted applications will be considered.
Please note: By applying for this position, the candidate consents to verification checks of qualifications, criminal records and must be willing to be subjected to a rigorous evaluation process. Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and no supporting documentation will be returned.
Canvassing with Councillors or any other decision-maker/ member of the Selection Committee is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification of your application
Closing date: 07 January 2022
Stellenbosch Municipality is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates from the designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. The requirements of the Employment Equity Act will be considered as part of the selection criteria/process. If you do not hear from us within ten (10) weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. For more details on vacancies, visit our website www.stellenbosch.gov.za. The Council reserves the right not to make an appointment and to add/amend/change the salary package.