Closing Date 30 November 2021
Location: Boksburg, Gauteng
- Be polite and friendly to all customers.
- Processing of all payments for customers when paying at the cash office.
- Management of all excel spreadsheets and cash up for the day.
- Ensure cash is always handled correctly as per SOP.
- Ensure normal cheques and special clearance cheques are handled correctly.
- Ensure debit cards and credit cards are handled correctly.
- Do daily cash up in the afternoon with another staff member and submit to Head Office before leaving.
- Make sure that outstanding COD list is clear.
- Ensure invoices are put in number order every day.
- Ensure that all refunds and credit notes have been authorized before processing payment.
- Ensure that all rebates have been authorized before processing payment.
- Handle pro-forma invoices and proof of payment for EFT.
- Make plans for change – fax change needed to bank.
- Ensure cash office is neat, professional and safe; informing Financial Manager of necessary repairs.
- Professional in dress and conduct.
- Follow all processes and procedures as indicated
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of cash office.
- Any additional duties as requested by Management while still maintaining segregation of duties.
Additional information about the position:
- Will be required to partake in all relevant stock takes at the Branch
- Saturday and Public Holiday work required according to a roster system
- Need to be able to work under pressure in a pressurized environment
- Candidate needs to have a strong personality
- Preferably looking for a candidate who resides in the East Rand, Boksburg, or surrounding areas
- Candidate needs to have at least 2 years’ Cashier experience within a Steel & Tube or Hardware industry – within a Retail operation
- Syspro experience will be an advantage
- Candidate need to be proficient in MS Excel
HOW TO APPLY
Please do not apply for the position if you do not meet all the requirements.
If you have not received feedback within 14 days of submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.