Location: KwaZulu Natal province
- Opportunity to work for global company
- Our culture is inclusive, exciting and performance-driven
- Role based in Richards Bay
About the role
We are looking for an Artisan: Boilermaker to execute assigned or scheduled maintenance and related jobs in designated areas
Reporting to the Controller: Maintenance, you will:
- Inspects and repairs assets in accordance with best practice.
- Records job statistics.
- Monitors, identifies, responds to and/or reports defects, sub-standard equipment performance and other improvement opportunities.
- Performs condition checks according to job-cards, checklists and condition monitoring procedures.
- Developing/fabricating engineering structures and components from standard engineering drawings
- Assumes “technical ownership” of breakdown situations and manage all aspects of corrective work.
- On-job training of Apprentices and up-skilling of Artisans.
- Maintains and improves safety, health and environmental standards and practices.
- Performs fair and reasonable tasks related to the job and working environment, at the discretion of the supervisor.About you To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Minimum N2 or equivalent, preferably Std 10/Grade 12/NQF level 4/N3 in an Engineering discipline.
- Artisan Trade Test (Boilermaker).
- 5 years’ in a heavy metal or mining industry
- Multi-skilling in fitting discipline.
- EB driver’s licence.
Where you will be working
Owned by Rio Tinto and located in the KwaZulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is an internationally recognized sand mining and mineral processing operations leader and is one of the world’s foremost producers of titanium minerals, high purity pig iron and zircon.
Employing some 2 000 permanent staff and a number of well-established contracting companies, RBM is proud of the accreditation for ISO 9001 for quality, OHSAS 18001 certification for occupational health and safety management, and ISO 14001 accreditation for environmental management. The company has implemented a sound corporate social development programme and an internationally recognised environmental rehabilitation programme to restore the mined dunes to their natural state after mining.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
HOW TO APPLY
RBM is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the company’s employment equity plan.