Closing date: 25 October 2021
Salary: R 173 703 per annum
• Grade 12 Certificate. No experience is required.
• Knowledge of Human Resource Management legislation and regulatory framework (Public Service Act, Public Service Regulations, and HR policies and procedures) and Batho-Pele principles.
• Skills required: good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organizing and planning skills. Ability to work individually and in a team.
• Processing of service benefits transactions on leave of absence, allowances, medical assistance, long service recognition, pension, resettlement, service termination, and injury on duty.
• Provide advice and guidance to clients regarding the above benefits.
• Compile and keep databases on all matters of service benefits and conditions.
• Respond to clients’ enquiries.
• All applications must be submitted on a signed new Z83 application form (click the bold underlined text to downloadPDF form) with a copy of a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications (Matric Certificate must also be attached, ID document, driver’s license (all attached documentation must not be older than six (06 )months) together with the recent curriculum vitae in order to be considered.
• Please note that should you not use the newly amended Z83 and completed, initialed, and signed in full, the department reserves the right to disqualify your application.
• Applications may be forwarded to The Director-General, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-delivered to Environment House, Erf 1563 Arcadia Extension 6, Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road, Arcadia, Pretoria marked for the attention: Human Resources Management.
• The National Department of Forestry, Fisheries, and the Environment, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
• Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the
department’s equity plan. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
• Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for employment, including but not limited to: criminal records; citizenship status; creditworthiness; previous employment (reference checks); social media checks, and qualification verification.
• Short-listed candidates will be expected to avail themselves at the department’s convenience.
• Entry level requirements for SMS posts: In terms of the directive on compulsory capacity development, mandatory training days & minimum entry requirements for SMS that was introduced on 1 April 2015, a requirement for all applicants for SMS posts from 1 April 2020 is successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-Entry Programme as endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG).
• The course is available at the NSG under the name certificate for entry into SMS and the full details can be obtained by following the below link:https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entryprogramme/
• The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completion of the NSG Public Service Senior
Management Leadership Programme certificate for entry into the SMS.
• Furthermore, candidates shortlisted for the SMS post will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job.
• Following the interview and the technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency-based assessments.
• The person appointed to this position will be subjected to a security clearance, the signing of a performance agreement and the employment contract.
• The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not been contacted within three (03) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Mr SS Ntuli
Tel: (012) 399 8649