The Western Cape Government (WCG) Department of Transport and Public Works is inviting suitably qualified applicants residing in the West Coast District to apply for trade learnership training opportunities in the construction industry. The learnerships programme entails: Undergoing theoretical and practical training at a public or private technical and vocational education and training (TVET) college; working on a building site; applying health and safety regulations; maintaining work areas; and undertaking administrative tasks.
BRICKLAYING (MASONRY) Learnership L3 (Ref. BWC)
PLUMBING Learnership L4 (PWC)
ELECTRICAL WIRING Learnership L3 (Ref. EWC)
• Between 18 and 34 years old
• Resident of South Africa
• Masonry Learnership applications: Grade 10 or TVET equivalent with a pass in Mathematical Literacy.
• Plumbing Learnership applications: Grade 12 or TVET equivalent with a pass in Mathematical Literacy.
• Electrical Learnership applications: Grade 10 or TVET equivalent with a pass in Mathematical Literacy.
Preference will be given to applicants with Electrical National Qualifications Framework (NQF) L2
• Applicants must enjoy good health and be willing to undergo a medical and substance abuse
• Successful applicants will be required to work on a construction site as part of the learnership
• Successful applicants must be willing to travel and work at various building sites in the Western Cape.
• Successful applicants will be required to sign a 12-month learnership agreement.
Stipend: R2 400 per month for the duration of the learnership agreement.
• Applicants can use facilities at a local library, Thusong Centre, E-Centre Youth Café or internet
café to register and upload their CVs.
• Applicants must clearly indicate on the CV the learnership being applied for and the reference
• Applications must include a CV (no more than 4 pages). Shortlisted candidates will be required
to provide certified copies of ID and highest education certificate.
Enquiries: 0860 142 142
Register and upload your CV online: https://essa.labour.gov.za/EssaOnline/WebBeans/.
• Technical support for ESSA registration and uploading of CVs: Ms Michelle Williams Tel: 021 870
2577 / 2560 or 021 872 2020 Email: Michelle.Williams @labour.gov.za Adress: 68 Breda Street, Paarl.
• Enquiries: Monday to Friday 07:30–16:00 Tel: 0860 142 142 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Only candidates who have registered on the Department of Employment and Labour ESSA
System will be considered for selection.
Closing date: 30 June 2021
• Successful candidates will be informed no later than 20 July 2021.