Job no: 501642
Work type: Permanent
Location: North West
Your manager should be aware of and support your application. Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
The appointee should:
- Be in possession of Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Have Grade C Certificate (PSIRA)
- Firearm Competency
- Have a valid Drivers License
- Good communication skills in English both verbally and in writing including report writing
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- Have at least 2 years working experience in related role or mining environment
- Ensures that assets at the Operations are adequately protected through access control, guarding, observation and patrolling, by allocating sufficient staff at the various control points, where necessary makes contingency plans by re-allocating Guards, suggesting additional protection and providing support.
- Supervises and part-takes in crowd facilitation when required by handling unrest situations, providing first line reaction when crime takes place by securing scene of crime prior to arrival of higher level reaction and ensuring that protective equipment is used effectively according to Standards and Procedures
- Provides a protection service to Management in the form of escorting people, vehicles or materials as per Standards and Procedures. Reports any potential problem areas to Supervisor e.g. back-up required.
- Gathers useful information through the cultivation of informers according to various methods and practices, evaluates and reacts on information received based on training and experience.
- Ensures that the Health and Safety policy is adhered to at all times.
- Performs any other activities necessary for the effective completion of his/her work.
Interested parties should complete and submit the standard job application form using the link below:
HR Contact Person : Cedric Seitlhobogeng
Recruitment Person : Tshidi Dinale
Recruiter’s contact number :014 495 2588
NB: Kindly note that the HR personnel at the operations should assist internal applicants to apply should they need assistance.
Applications close: 18 Jun 2021 South Africa Standard Time