Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
What will you do?
Centriq team has an exciting opportunity available for a Bookkeeper who will report to: Head Corporate Finance. The position is based in Gauteng, Johannesburg, Illovo.
Centriq is a specialist cell captive insurance company, wholly owned by Santam, operating in the corporate risk finance, alternative distribution and underwriting management agencies sectors. Centriq is a young, vibrant and innovative company with both a non-life and life cell captive license. We provide our business partners and insurance clients with the ability to participate in the risk and benefits related to their individual insurance business.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Manage cash of all the companies within the Centriq Group.
- Process cashbooks and bank reconciliations.
- Process management expense accrual.
- Perform monthly debtor and creditor recons.
- Prepare management expense reports.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process.
- Prepare VAT returns as well as maintain the fixed asset register on a monthly basis.
- Effecting of daily EFT payments and other ad hoc administration duties.
Qualification and Experience
- Bookkeeping or accounting qualification.
- Previous exposure to cash book, bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Competence in working on MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Display passion for client service (internal and external)
- Meticulous and accurate capturing of transactions
- Effectiveness and efficiency in performing tasks
- Problem solving
- Deadline driven and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Who are we:
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. In achieving our employment equity goals we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Divisions Employment Equity targets.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.