SA Metal Group is South Africa’s oldest and largest metal recycling company, and proudly turned 100 years old in 2019. The Group purchases and processes all forms of ferrous metals (steel and others) and non-ferrous metals (aluminum, copper and others) from industrial enterprises, scrap metal dealers and private individuals. Our processing facilities are located in and around Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The Company requires a committed, honest, hardworking and motivated individual to join their team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for, but not limited to the following General Assistant (A1) functions:
- Housekeeping: assist with cleaning, sweeping and general housekeeping duties
- Assisting the Manager / Supervisor with Ad hoc duties
- Assist Operators if and when required
- Adhere to health and safety regulations and instructions at all times
- Assist in sorting of various commodities
QUALIFYING CRITERIA :
- A minimum Grade 12 certificate
QUALIFYING ATTRIBUTES :
- Committed, hardworking and self-motivated
- Able to work independently
- Willingness to work overtime and (night) shifts as per operational requirements
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function efficiently in pressurized work situations
- In good health and physically fit
Interested applicants are required to forward their CV. We regret that we cannot contact all applicants regarding their status. Should you not be contacted by us within 14 days from the date of your submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Should you not be able to apply through our website, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org