Volvo Group Southern Africa provides a graduate opportunity in the following area: Finance.
This graduate opportunity is situated in Boksburg.
The successful candidate will have exposure to the following areas within our Accounts team:
- General Ledger – record journal entries, perform accounts reconciliations.
- Deliver periodical Accounts Receivable reports and administer related general ledger reconciliations.
- Co-ordinate daily banking activities as relates to the identification of Customer deposits, and the clearing transactions on customer accounts.
- Co-ordinate all the activities in opening new customer accounts, ensuring that all the master data information conforms to set standards.
- Ensure good credit risk evaluations and vetting activities are performed on all new customer credit applications.
- From time to time, participate or manage projects within the master finance area with a strong focus on maintaining financial governance standards and financial control performance improvements.
- Master Data: Execute master data updates in GL and Accounts Receivables.
- Deliver statistics and reports to Authorities or other related parties.
- Manage Period End Closing time plans /closing schedule preparation, cooperation with and communication to all stakeholders.
- Prepare required documentation for internal and external audits.
- Ensure fulfilment of internal control requirements.
- Work in accordance to the work instructions and Process requirements.
- Prepare and update work instructions, forms, and spread sheets for accounting personnel. Actively participate in process standardization.
- Must be able to use own initiative.
- Be a team player.
- Be Structure Orientated and Deadline Driven.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy. Excel (effective).
. Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed B Com Accounting degree or equivalent.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands – Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Auto req ID 114158BR
Organization Volvo Trucks
State / ProvinceGauteng
Employment/Assignment Type Regular
Travel Required (maximum) Occasional Travel
Functional AreaFinance & Control
Last application date: 14-Jun-2021