Reference Number: (Hermanus Times 25/2/2021, PSVC 7/2021)
Salary: R 102 534 per annum
Institution: Caledon Hospital
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate cleaning experience in a health care environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to perform physical tasks, e.g. lifting of heavy equipment/supplies and operate machinery.
- Must be willing to render a shift service on weekends, public holidays, day- and night duties and rotate in different departments according to operational needs and requirements.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to mix cleaning fluids and interpret basic formulas correctly.
- Able to do basic calculation functions.
- Willingness to work in an environment with infectious patients.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Responsible for general hygienic and safe environment.
- Safe and effective use of consumables and other resources, including the safekeeping thereof.
- Correct use of food service
- Render support services to Housekeeping Supervisor and act as relief laundry aid
- Maintain hygienic and safe environment by adhering to all cleaning procedures.
- Handle equipment and waste.
- Ensure High standard of linen handling in the hospital.
- Effective infection control and occupational health measures.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Hermanus Times 25/2/2021, PSVC 7/2021)
|Applications To||The District Director: Overberg District Office|
Private Bag X07, Caledon, 7230.
For Attention: Ms A Kriel
|Closing Date||12 March 2021|
|Enquiries||Ms N Fudu|
Tel: (028) 212-1179