Closing Date: 19 February 2021
Remuneration: R 188 520.00 – R 210 720.00 p.a. (Level 09 of a Grade 8 Local Authority) Total package inclusive of all benefits: R 308 899.80 p.a.
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy
- To facilitate and implement prevention, education and development programmes for indigents and other special programmes.
- Attendance of indigent pre-screening meetings
- Attendance of indigent screening committee meetings
- To inform and educate the community of the indigent resources available.
- To provide practical support services to individuals, groups and communities.
- To complete assigned tasks in a set time frame.
- To monitor achievement of the indigent programme and overall service delivery within the scope of work
- To do field work and indigent screening in the communities.
- To complete monthly and quarterly reports for indigent programmes.
- Perform any other related Ad Hoc tasks and duties as requested or required by management (supervisor) from time to time.
- Auxiliary Social Worker Certificate
- Grade 12
- Driver’s License Code EB
- Driver’s License Code C1 and EC will be added advantage
- Computer literate
- Registered with SACSSP
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of community social dynamics
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- One (01) year relevant experience in local government or similar pressurised environment
CLOSING DATE: 19 February 2021
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 2069/21
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representativity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representativity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks, and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.