Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : GMXRecruitment@transnet.net
The closing date is on 15.02.2021. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to NOMPUMELELO.MASITENG@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet Engineering
Position Title : Apprentice, Millwright
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Training
Location : Germiston
Reporting To : Manager
Grade Level : APP
Reference Number : 30012757
Transnet SOC Limited is a focused freight transport company delivering integrated, efficient, safe, reliable and cost-effective
services to promote economic growth in South Africa. Transnet’s core businesses are: Transnet Freight Rail, Transnet
Engineering, Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Port Terminals and Transnet Pipelines.
As part of Transnet Human Capital Development Strategy, Transnet Engineering is offering comprehensive bursaries to
students to be trained as Artisans.
• Attend theory training
• Write knowledge review tests
• Participate in the practical training component
• Perform workplace component and record progress in the logbook
• Complete training request form to request assessment and submit to Trainer
• Prepare for trade test
• Complete assessment and evaluate assessment process
• Receive feedback of final assessment results
Qualifications & Experience:
- NTC2 with 4 relevant trade subjects passed or
- National Certificate (Vocational) Qualification NQF Level 3 or higher with relevant 7 subjects passed or
- Technical Matric including Pure Mathematics and Physical Science passed with relevant trade theory
Attention to detail
NB: THE FOLLOWING ARE ADDITIONAL SHORTLISTING REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants must be SA citizens without any other bursary obligation from other organizations.
- Preference will be given to applicants considered as South African Youth (under the age of 35).
- Preference will be given to applicants with outstanding results.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and Recruitment and Selection Policy.
- All training will be done in the relevant Transnet School of Engineering Campus. Please note that NO accommodation and transport assistance will be provided before, during, and after the appointment.
- On successful completion of the program, there is no guarantee for permanent employment and you will be released to look for work in the market. This is only a training opportunity.
- Please submit a cover letter indicating your choice of trade that is relevant to your subjects, your CV, a certified copy of relevant qualification/s and certified copy of ID
If you have not been contacted within one month from the closing date of this advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Click Here To Apply Online