Closing date: 12 February 2021
Location: Kouga Local Municipality
Province: Eastern Cape
- Fire Fighter 1 and Hazmat Awareness & Fire Fighter 2 and Hazmat Operational;
- BAC with Current HPCSA registration;
- Code C1 driving license;
- 1 year relevant experience;
- Attention to detail;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work in a team
- Must be able to speak, read and write in at least two of the
- official languages in Kouga Municipality (Afrikaans, English, and Xhosa).
SALARY: R165 903.00 – R215 334.75 Per Annum
- The successful incumbent must be able to work shifts, overtime and perform standby duties;
- Must be prepared to work at any fire station within the area of the Authority Having Jurisdiction, in accordance with Departmental policies;
- Responds to fire and emergency incidents perform acts/ operations under the supervision of the Senior Fire Fighter to neutralize the threat of fire or other danger;
- Performs specific activities with communications and providing support to line functions;
- Undertaking protection duty by standing by potentially life or property threatening incidents and events with appropriate equipment as directed by supervisors to minimize the risk to life and property;
- Conducting the maintenance and inspection of fire hydrants under the supervision of the supervisor, to ensure easy identification and smooth operation during emergencies;
- Receiving instructions on matters pertaining to operational functions, work sequences, queries, and priorities.
BENEFITS:As per standard conditions of service;
Applicants must submit a formal application form and a comprehensive CV, a certified copy of qualifications, an identity document, and a driver’s license. Applications must be submitted electronically as one PDF document to email@example.com. Application forms can be obtained from the Municipal website, www.kouga.gov.za and must reach the Human Resource Manager on or before Friday, 12 February 2021 at 12:00.
For any inquiries contact Mr. B Faulkner: 042 2002 200.
Please note that the following can lead to disqualification:
1. Non-submission of originally certified copies of academic records.
2. Canvassing of councilors.
3. Submission of fraudulent qualifications and/ or documents.
NB: Please note that shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a vetting process. By applying for this position, the candidates agree to background checks being performed.
MR. C DU PLESSIS P. O. BOX 21
MUNICIPAL MANAGER JEFFREYS BAY