Location: Rustenburg, North West
Closing Date: 13 January 2021
To be successful in this role your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in Safety meetings
- Attending to breakdowns and emergencies as required (Standby and overtime will be required as necessary)
- Inspection, maintenance and installation of conveyor belts, overhead cranes and pressure vessels
- Risk Assessment Procedures
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly inspections of equipment and tools
- Ensuring that materials, spares and equipment are available as required
- Scheduling and identifying resources for allocated work
- Staff supervision, coaching and training and development for team
This role is in the Engineering Department at a C2 level reporting to the Foreman Boilermaker.
You will need the following qualifications:
- Grade 10 or Technical Trade Specific N2
- Anglo American recognized Boilermaker Trade Certificate
Additional requirements include:
- English literacy – speak, read and write
- Valid Code 08 drivers license (Your own vehicle would be an advantage)
- Inspections and replacement of Oxyacetylene bottles and flashback arrestors advantageous
- Experience in working at heights and in confined spaces advantageous
- If successful, you will be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Test
You would ideally have completed your apprenticeship in the mining / processing industry.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
If your application is successful, criminal and other background checks, where appropriate, will be required.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Click Here To Apply
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.