Closing date: 30-11-2020
Location: KZN – Main Lab – Histology Department
Reference No: 555952
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Laboratory Admin Clerk: Main Laboratory . This is a 3 months fixed term position based at KZN – Main Lab – Histology Department .
Ensure correct information is obtained and recorded in terms of service
Minimum Criteria Required:
Bsc Degree Advantageous
0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
Relevant Job Knowledge:
Laboratory information systems
Organisational policy procedures
Key Performance Areas:
- Receive specimens and allocate bar code storage numbers on Laboratory Information Systems and resolve any related problems.
- Administers sorting and distribution of samples according to set standard operating procedures to ensure the correct and prioritised channelling of specimens to various laboratories/ sites.
- Handles and refers administrative queries and customer complaints to ensure timely resolution of queries and responses to complaints.
- Resolve outstanding specimens and test results in accordance with TAT’s.
- Responsible to track progress of urgent sample delivery by couriers to ensure that specimens are received timeously by the designated laboratory.
- Receive, assist and respond to all communication received via telephone, mox,tasks and email to ensure excellent customer service.
- Management of the receiving area, give out relevant information and direct clients to relevant departments while offering excellent customer service
- Reports incidents, logs customer complaints and problem solution, reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Monitors stock levels and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times.
- Complies with sound housekeeping and Health and Safety procedures and protocols in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- Complies with all Quality Assurance requirements and protocols.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with medical professionals and staff.
Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
Ability to work in a pressured environment
Ability to work as part of a team
Attention To Detail
Confidentiality / Sensitivity
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience level.