An exciting opportunity exists within the Project Management Office team in TFG Infotec for an independent, dynamic, driven Trainee Project Manager who is keen to make a difference! The successful candidate will assist with the co-ordination and analysis of existing and new projects.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for leading initiatives and special assignments on Head of Division’s behalf.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Co-ordinating and arranging of meetings and workshops.
- Assisting with project template maintenance and adherence to document standards.
- Prepare project documents and status reports.
- Support project management phases such as planning, execution and result monitoring.
- Compilation and distribution of minutes at meetings, including following up and managing all action items.
- Assisting with the logging of risks, issues, decisions and scope changes, and follow on actions.
- Managing smaller project components with supervision.
- Identify trends and errors in data accuracy by conducting regular review of the project portfolio.
- Handle corrections under Project Manager, Line Manager or Head of Division’s direction to assure timely and accurate reporting.
- Train and answer questions related to TFG project management standards and applications, as well as the use of the PPM tool, DAPTIV.
- Lead initiatives and special assignments on Head of Division’s behalf.
- Conduct monthly portfolio health reviews including associated reporting.
- Oversee and monitor quality assurance of project implementation.
To qualify for this position you will need:
- A relevant tertiary education
- Good planning skills
- Good collaboration and team building skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Resilience and emotional maturity
- A good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- To support the development of professional project practices across the TFG Project Community
- To actively seek out learning experiences for personal and professional development
Experience and/or knowledge that will be to your advantage:
- A relevant Project Management qualification (e.g. Prince2 / PMP)
- Retail experience and a broad working knowledge of IT systems
- Broad experience in and knowledge of TFG retail business and systems will be an advantage
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS ATTACHED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
How to Apply
Click here to send applications