Closing Date: 2021/09/27
Reference Number: ACK210920-5
Location – Town / City: Cape Town
Location – Province: Western Cape
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clerk: Revenue to join our team on a 6-month contract basis. This position is based at our Support Centre in Kuilsriver, Cape Town and will be part of a very diverse Finance team. This position will report directly to the Accountant: Revenue.
This Clerk: Revenue position will involve performing daily cash management and treasury functions for all local and foreign entities.
- Grade 12 (Accounting and Mathematics)
- Relevant Finance Diploma / Certificate
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Financial Reconciliations
- Balancing stores sales to point of sale in the stores
- Good knowledge of financial administration and basic accounting principles and application thereof (debits, credits, journals, reconciliations)
- Computer skills – MS 365
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Attention to detail
- Above-average numerical ability
- Deadline driven
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to deal with large volumes of work
- Perform daily reconciliation of the cash bankable amount per store to the bank statement amount (On the reconciliation system)
- Follow up on all exceptions with banks & CIT company
- Correct, re-assign and release deposits, surpluses and shortages with incorrect store reference numbers for assigned stores.
- Prepare & post journals for unmapped bank entries not posted by recon system (bank recon items).
- Perform daily reconciliation of all the card transactions between the third parties and point of sale information.
- Follow up on all exceptions with banks, gift card providers, all value-added services (VAS) & Tenacity
c) GL Reconciliation
- Perform all revenue general ledger reconciliations (excluding bank accounts)
- Analyse the root cause of all reconciliation variances & conclude appropriate corrective system action required.
- Perform weekly balancing of sales clearing general ledger account
- Investigate and resolve variances on weekly sales
- Prepare & post monthly buy aid commission and sales journals
- Confirm he stores banking status within the internal team
c) Record Keeping
- File away all the business documents & save electronic documents on the assigned finance folders on Sharepoint or other, in accordance with the Personal of Personal Information Act (POPIA).
- Posting of accrual journals, according to the accounting system requirements
- Identify trends in cash & card reconciliation differences noted on the reconciliation system
HOW TO APPLY
POLICY: In terms of the Company policy for appointments and promotions, preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.