Closing Date 22 October 2021
Salary R 102 534 per annum
Institution: Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Appropriate experience as a household aid in a hospital environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Physically able to move freely between various areas of the hospital.
- Must be able to work shifts, weekends and night-duty.
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Extensive knowledge of routine cleaning processes and handling of equipment
- Good written and verbal communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs)
- Responsible for cleaning duties (i.e. sweep, dust, mop, scrub, polish, refuse handling) and maintenance of general neatness and hygiene.
- Effective and efficient utilisation and storage of cleaning material and equipment. Adhere to safety precautions, infection control principles and ensure adherence to occupational health and safety policies.
- Maintain a high standard of neatness and hygiene.
- Optimal support to Supervisor, Housekeeper and colleagues.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name, and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the aforementioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated in the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CVs will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time, and place as determined by the Department. As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records, and previous employment. The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Tygerburger 6/10/2021, PSVC 35/2021)
To the Chief Executive Officer:
Private Bag X3, Tygerberg, 7505.
(For the Attention: Ms. V Meyer)
Mr ZR Mhlanga
Tel: (021) 938-6550