Standard Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth. We now need a talented and resourceful individual to help us fulfil our business objectives and build customer loyalty.
To support an executive and other levels of senior manager by providing
administrative support, schedule coordination, secretarial functions, procurement, travel and event management, meeting and workshop coordination across the Standard Bank Group and with external parties.
Manage the executive and support teams schedule of meetings:
• Proactively manage the diary of the executive, set up meetings as requested. Review the diary requests with the executive on a daily basis to determine which meetings should be accepted, delegated or declined.
• Track and monitor the acceptances and declines obtained from parties that have been invited to the meetings requested by the executive. Resolve attendance issues. Liaise with relevant parties to reschedule any meetings.
• On a daily basis, print required documents and packs and provide them to the executive for their reference, or where appropriate ensure that the packs are available in electronic format if the executive uses a mobile device (such as iPad).
• Take minutes of meetings on request. Ensure that the minutes are approved by the meeting chair and distributed to the relevant parties within the agreed time period.
• Arrange teleconferences and video conferences and liaise with internal service provides to obtain dial in details.
• Arrange refreshments for meetings on request from the executive.
• Format/proof read presentations, research papers and other documentation required for distribution
• Coordinate and consolidate reporting submissions for the executive through the management team, internal and external stakeholders
• Maintain ongoing files and organisation of shared folders both on local and dedicated servers
• Act as a point of contact between the SIA team and stakeholders, both internal and external
Manage all travel arrangements including transfer, accommodation and flights
• Liaise with bank-approved travel agencies to obtain quotes and proposals for travel bookings for domestic, regional and international trips the executive is required to make. Present the options to the executive for decision making. Complete the bookings and follow up to ensure that all the items are correct.
• Determine the visa requirements for regional or international trips and ensure that the executive has the right documentation and appointments to obtain visas in good time.
• Adhere to the bank’s travel policy in relation to class of travel and hotel accommodation.
• Arrange transfers to and from airports to ensure minimum disruption to the executive’s schedule.
• Ensure the executive is equipped with all relevant emergency numbers and contact numbers of hosts as well as accommodation and transfer companies.
• Provide the executive and team with a detailed itinerary prior to each trip.
Provide administrative support to the executive
• Take care of parking arrangements and access control for external visitors. For buildings that require it, personally collect external visitors from the reception area.
• Develop leave plans for direct reports of the executive.
• Together with Human Capital teams, arrange smooth onboarding of new direct reports in the executive’s
• team. Ensure that building access is arranged ahead of time and that equipment (computer, phone,
• connectivity) is delivered prior to their start date.
• Support the exit process for direct reports by ensuring that all their equipment, access cards and other bank items are collected on the last day of work.
• Maintain all confidential filing in behalf of the executive. This could include client files and employee files.
• Review incoming emails into the executive’s mailbox and flag for follow-up or redirect to other members of the team to act on.
• Order stationery for the department, control stationery stock and proactively order high usage items.
• Participate in the planning of desk allocations. Plan and support relocations in collaboration with the facilities management teams.
Provide support to enable the department to control costs and effect governance requirements
• Review expense claims prepared by the executive’s direct reports by comparing the supporting documents to the claim form. Highlight any out of policy expenses to the direct report. Present the expense claims to the executive for approval.
• For purchases required in the department, prepare the shopping carts or purchase orders. Obtain approval before submitting to suppliers.
• Maintains asset register and premises e.g. fax/photocopiers and aircon/furniture etc.
• Scrutinises monthly telecoms cost – schedules from Admin. Provide Management with the breakdown of these costs.
• Deal with premises issues. Logs incident calls for faultswith facilities management.
• Controls the safe keeping of keys and Assets.
• Assists with housekeeping
• Arranging of functions and events for SIA initiatives, across the Standard Bank Group and externally
• Asset removal, ensure that old computers are send to IT warehouse and removed from asset register.
• Assists Manager with monitoring of Compliance Training.
• Prepares and allocates account payments to correct cost centre and general ledger account before submitting for payment.
• Check invoices for accuracy (correct account and GL allocation) before sign-off for payment.
• Reports any theft on the floor and liaise with Security.
• Reports faulty lights, toilets, MFD’s not printing/photocopying etc.
• Assists with all system problems.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
5 – 7 years in secretarial services
5 – 7 years in secretarial services
Computer literacy, computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office
Verbal and written communication. Convey facts, ideas and opinions clearly to others.
Able to work under pressure and remain focussed.
Understanding of the interface between the business and administration, Solutions are focussed on practical improvement of admin/System procedures to meet changing business requirements.
Detail conscious, contentious, flexible, and energetic.
Results orientated service focused, creative, and change-orientated.