Closing Date: 16 June 2018
Location: Cape Town
Extended Internship Opportunities for Engineering & Science Graduates: The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) that incorporates the SKA SA project wishes to recruit bright, young and enthusiastic graduates into its organization
Only South African citizens are eligible with one of the following academic qualifications:
- In final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic and/or Computer Engineering
- In final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Light Current Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering and/or Radio Frequency Engineering
- In final year of a Bachelor of Mechanical / Electromechanical / Mechatronics Engineering
- Completing a Bachelor of Science Honours in Astronomy / Astrophysics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or in Physics with an interest in software development
- Students will be assessed through a hands-on practical session that will take place at the SARAO Cape Town offices from 9 – 11 July 2018. This assessment forms part of the interview process. Dates for the assessment are non-negotiable. Travel for students outside the Western Cape will be subsidized. Successful students will be notified two weeks prior of their travel arrangements for the practical assessment.
- Successful students will be based in Cape Town for a period of up to 3 years, starting in January 2019.
- Students must intend carrying out a part-time Masters degree during the internship. This is a requirement of the internship.
Submit the following documents as a SINGLE PDF file to apply:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified South African ID document;
- Certified university transcripts;
- A maximum 300 words motivational letter stating why you should be selected.
How to Apply
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org