City Power Johannesburg (SOC) Limited as a progressive company committed to the skills and development initiatives of the country and striving for the social and economic development of the region, invites final year undergraduates and graduates who have completed their studies who are interested in joining the Electricity Distribution Company to apply for their Graduate Internship opportunities.You’re the brains behind our work. You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and City Power wants to help you get there.
Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed. We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The Graduate Internship Programme trains and grows key players in today’s changing economic environment, and will equip you with the knowledge and training you need to make an impact in the African economy.
- You must be an undergraduate university student in your Final Year of study.
- You must be in the relevant field of study with a minimum average total percentage mark of 70%. Or
- You must have completed your studies not employed seeking assistance with work exposure to bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- You must be a South African Citizen (female applicants will have an added advantage to address employment equity targets of the company)
- The graduates who completed studies will receive a stipend calculated at City Power Remuneration Rates.
The following documents must accompany your application form
- An application form which is obtainable from the contact details below;
- Certified copy of academic transcript (only if you are currently an undergraduate university student);
- Certified copy of statements of results (only if you have completed your degree studies);
- Certified copy of Matric certificate (Grade 12);
- Certified copy of South African Identity Document;
CITY POWER will fund the following qualifications:
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy/Light Current)
- Internal Auditing
- Risk management
- Environmental Health Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Other (Specify on the Application Form)
Who we think will be a great fit…
Extensive work experience is not a requirement, but dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital.
As industries all over the globe and in South Africa within Johannesburg continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of electricity, and want to make an impact on the corporate
We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape (preferred, but not required)
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the electricity industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
How to apply
Closing Date is 04 May 2018. To apply kindly forward your Applications to recruitment.HRbs@citypower.co.za quoting “Graduates Internship 2018”. NB: Faxed applications will not be considered. Click here to download the application form online
In case of further information regarding this advertisement, please contact: The assigned Administrators, Thabiso Dlamini on 011 490 7398 or Rebecca Manoto on 011 490 7205 or Sindiswa Mzimela on 011 490 7511. Write to (Talent Acquisition Department: BURSARIES, City Power (SOC) Limited, P.O. Box 38766, Booysens, 2016).
City Power is an Employment Equity Employer; therefore, preference for this bursary/position will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity (especially Gender [female]). If you do not hear from us within 2 months of the closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
- Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they have been shortlisted and that their participation/appointment will be subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include qualification authentication, criminal records and references.
- The internship programme is a 12 month programme and permanent employment upon the completion of the programme cannot be guaranteed.
- Please include certified copies of your qualifications with your application.
- No walk-ins for this advert only emailed CV’s will be acceptable.
Via – City Power