About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Receptionist in the Management Services portfolio. The incumbent will receive and welcome visitors and attend to general enquiries as well as assist with administrative support functions when required. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Receive and act as CSIR Ambassador in welcoming visitors;
- Assist with Video Conference bookings;
- Supervise maintenance of foyer/reception area and boardroom;
- Supervise the set-up and test equipment daily according to client’s requirements and adhere to set standards;
- Coordinate, monitor bookings and liaise with the Boardroom Assistants and Cleaners;
- Order office supplies & equipment through the electronic purchase ordering system (e-Procurement);
- Record and process invoices for payment;
- Render general assistance to Business Support Manager, Business Support Officer and other MS staff.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A grade 12 certificate;
- A minimum of two years receptionist experience;
- Administrative experience will be an advantage;
- Ability to communicate in a professional, prompt, and friendly manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good planning, scheduling and logistics skills;
- Well-organised person.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.