- Job No
- Work Type
- Full Time
- South Africa: Durban
- Corporate and Administration: Administration
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 100 offices in 40 countries.
SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.
Consistently recognised for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 50 of the ‘2016 Top 225 International Design Firms’ and 69th in the ‘2016 Top 150 Global Design Firms’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Capturer to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and contribute to the growth and development of a business with a reputation for technical excellence and strong client relationships.
With a minimum of 1 years’ experience, you will play a key role in:
• Data capturing and identification of data errors
• Online reporting of projects on Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) Reporting System(training will be provided)
• Excel Reporting
• Project Filing
• Administrative and Project Support
Job Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
Suitable applicants will have/be:
• Grade 12/ Matric
• At least 1- 2 years’ experience in administration and/or data capturing;
• Good attention to details
• Good communication skills
• Strong learning ability
• Computer literacy especially Microsoft office
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Closing Date: 22 October 2017
Details of the package on offer will be shared with shortlisted candidates.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
- 12 October 2017 12:00am – South Africa Standard Time
- Applications Close
- 22 October 2017 11:55pm – South Africa Standard Time