Vacancies exist for HWSETA Basic Level Pharmacist Assistant Learners, based at Life Entabeni Hospital, Durban and Life Mercantile Private Hospital, Port Elizabeth. The successful candidate will be offered a HWSETA grant that will cover the course fee and stipend while in employ for a 12 month period. The successful candidates will contribute to effective functioning and co-ordination of the Pharmacy and will report to the Senior Pharmacist and the Tutor.
- Supplying of medication to the wards and theatre on requisitions and assist with management of all pharmaceuticals within the hospital under supervision of a pharmacist
- Controlling inventory (ethical and surgical). Ordering stock as per LHC protocol.
- Assisting in aggressively managing dead stock in the hospital.
- Ensuring that the security protocols are adhered to.
- Maintaining highly ethical and professional standards.
- Stock-take, cycle counts and investigation of variances
- Unpacking ethical and surgical stock, checking expiries and invoices
- Work allocated shifts over weekends and public holidays
- Grade 12 with mathematics and science
- Computer literacy
- Good organizational skills are essential, as well as teamwork and strong customer orientation.
- Other competencies required are an ability to work under pressure as part of a team, excellent communication skills and precise and meticulous work.
- Service-orientated personality
- Availability – immediate
How to apply
Click here to apply