Closing Date: 22 October 2017
Paarl Media KwaZulu- Natal situated at Westmead is currently seeking applicants for their 2018 professional trade apprenticeship programme starting in January 2018. The following trades are offered:
- Mechanised Bookbinding
- Printers Electrician
- Printers Mechanic
Shortlisted candidates will earn an income while they complete approximately 3 months practical training as a General Assistant.
- The 3 month training will be part of the recruitment process for the apprentice programme.
- The Apprenticeship program will commence later in the year (start date still be confirmed).
Successful candidates will complete approximately 6 months theoretical training at the Novus Academy, followed by approximately 26-30 months at Paarl Media KwaZulu-Natal, where the core experiential component of the training is completed prior to undergoing the trade test.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- The shortlisted applicants will perform General Assistant duties during a 3 month period
- The successful applicants will thereafter be contracted as Apprentices through FP&M SETA
- The apprentices will enter into a fixed term training contract with Paarl Media and the SETA for the duration of training
- Phase 1: Complete approximately 6 months theoretical training at the Novus Academy, Western Cape
- Phase2: Complete approximately 26-30 months at Paarl Media KwaZulu–Natal for the core experiential component of the training
- An income will be earned throughout the program
- Senior Certificate / Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent with Mathematics with a pass rate of 50% (Proof of qualification must be attached – or else application will not be considered)
Previous shift work experience advantageous
Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills in English
- Willingness to work shifts
- An eye for detail – especially exceptional colour perception
- A technical foundation would be of great benefit to the successful incumbent
How To Apply
Apply Online for the Novus Holdings Apprenticeship Programme