Location: Johannesburg, ZA
Credit Analyst ( Unsecured Lending)
30 August 2017
Nedbank Retail is looking for a Credit Analyst to assess credit risk of existing portfolio so that risk is managed and mitigated in line with the banks credit policy.
- Manage risk by monitoring reports; including excess report; within expected timeframes; identifying potential risks and taking corrective action to ensure risk compliance.
- Measure compliance; identify risk and make recommendations for achieving compliance by using current information and other resources available.
- Monitor covenant’s by obtaining latest financial information; measuring compliance and reporting breaches.
- Sign off conditions of approval within required timeframes by checking the information called for.
- Verify that security is in place by gathering all required information.
- Ensure Nedbank Group Rating requirements are met; including Basel; and Moody’s; by reviewing accounts and identifying risks.
- Review existing portfolio to ensure alignment with bank’s credit policy and to identify cross-sell opportunities by gathering and analysing relevant information.
- Prepare credit applications and make recommendations based on the findings; within credit parameters.
- Achieve targets by using management information systems to measure performance.
- Support the achievement of SLA standards by understanding client needs; providing guidance and recommendations and responding timeously.
- Contribute to external client satisfaction by sharing knowledge and developing skills of client service team members and other stakeholders.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders by attending meetings and supporting their strategies.
- Grade 12/ Matric Certificate
- Complted Degree / Diploma : Finance or Accounting.
Type of Exposure
- Capturing data
- Checking accuracy of reports and records
- Drafting reports
- Managing conflict situations
- Managing customer expectations
- Comparing two or more sets of information
- Tracking actuals against targets
- Working with spread sheets
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience as a Credit Analyst working within an unsecured lending Credit Department
- Minimum 3 years experience of interpreting Financial Statements
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Industry specific knowledge
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Nedbank banking systems
- Nedbank policies and procedures
- Nedbank products
- Continuous Learning
- Contributing to Team Success
- Decision Making
- Stress Tolerance
- Managing Work (includes Time Management)
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566