Position:Chief Engineer: Water Operations
Department: Water and Sanitation
Salary:R555 204 – R720 696 per annum (plus benefits)
- B Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification
- Professional registration (Pr.Eng.) / registration with ECSA
- MFMA, Act 56 of 2003: minimum competency requirements as published in Government Gazette, Nr 29967, dated 15 June 2007
- Applicable driver’s license
- Computer literacy
- 6 years’ experience in a similar environment of which 3 years in management
- Analyse, make recommendations and guide improvements to specialist systems, procedures, policies and practices
- Develop, monitor and advise on operations delivery framework and strategy, ensuring compliance to practices and processes
- Develop and drive the implementation and integration of the supply chain and contract management plan
- Implement, plan and drive overall engineering management
- Provide overall technical and engineering direction and management of the Water and Sanitation depots to ensure effective service delivery
- Implement risk management, governance and compliance policy and processes to identify and manage governance and risk expose liability
- Manage the capital and operational budgets for operations and maintenance for depots to ensure that requirements for the depots are budgeted for and that the capital and operational budgets of the section are utilised efficiently and effectively
- Delivery on service level agreements that are aligned with the Batho Pele principles, monitor feedback and ensure continued customer satisfaction in order to maintain good customer relations and efficient and effective service delivery
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to submit their CV’s by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 6356
Please quote reference number on application.
Note:The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.
view job here