Rand Water invites undergraduates who are interested in joining the water sector to apply for thei External Bursary programme in the fields listed below.
Rand water is one o the largest water utilities in Africa. It provides bulk potable water of superior quality to 12 million people in the economic heartland of South Africa.
Bursary applications are invited from undergraduates who are interested in joining the Water Sector in the these fields:
- N. Diploma/BTech – Water Care (2nd , 3rd or 4th year)
- N.Diploma/BTech/B.Eng/Degree/BSC Eng – Civil/Mechanical Engineer (2nd, or 3rd year)
- BTech/Degree – Quantity Surveying (2nd or 3rd year)
- N.Diploma/BTech – Mechanical Engineer (2nd, or 3rd year)
- N.Diploma/ BTech – Electrical Engineer (2nd, or 3rd year)
- N.Diploma/ BTech/Degree – Instrumentation Engineer (2nd, or 3rd year)
- N.Diploma/ BTech/Degree – Process Engineer (2nd, or 3rd year)
- Degree/BSc Chemistry – Chemistry (2nd or 3rd year)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizens
- Previously disadvantaged individuals
- Currently in Matric or have passed Matric or currently studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Meet minimum of 65 % + academic performance in major subjects in field of study
- Not possess of other bursary funding,
- Applicants must be under the age of 30
- Accepted to study or Registered at recognized tertiary educational institution (i.e. University and or University of Technology).
The following documents must accompany your application form:
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Proof of residence
- Current Matric students: latest academic results (Grade 12 first term results)
- Current tertiary students: Matric results certificate and complete academic record to date
- Students who have completed Matric and are registering for tertiary study: Matric results certificate and acceptance letter or proof of registration.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to females and people with disability to give effect to Rand Water’s Employment Equity Objectives.
How to apply
Closing date is 22 November 2017. Suitably qualified applicants are requested to submit their completed applications with the relevant attachments to e-mail: email@example.com or fax: (086) 609 1178 (quoting the relevant notice number in the subject line).
Rand Water reserves the right not to make appointments to any of the advertised positions at any stage. Should you not receive correspondence from Rand Water within 30 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Via – Rand Water