Closing Date: 30 September 2017
Competition law and economics are fast growing areas linked to the dynamic field of competition policy in South Africa and abroad. The Competition Commission requires young dynamic graduates, enthusiastic and energetic, with an aptitude for research and analysis to join the Competition Commission as Graduate Trainees.
The Competition Commission is responsible for: investigating and assessing anti-competitive behaviour in response to complaints, investigating large mergers, making referral to the Competition Tribunal; and investigating and deciding on intermediate mergers. In addition, it undertakes advocacy work to promote compliance with the Competition Act.
Please note the programme is available on a twelve 12-18 months fixed term contract.
Applications for the 2018 Graduate Programme close on the 30th September 2017
- Completed LLB or Honours Economics degree.
- Be a South African citizen.
- Have obtained an average of 60% pass rate.
- A consistent academic performer.
- Should not have worked as a permanent employee previously.
- Good analytical, research and investigative skills.
- Well-developed writing skills.
- Interpersonal skills as well as computer literacy are prerequisites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Be a self-starter.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- An energetic, dynamic and committed individual.
How To Apply
Apply Online for the Competition Commission: Graduate / Internship Programme 2018