Location: Johannesburg, ZA
12 September 2017
Nedbank Retail and Business Banking
Nedbank Retail and Business Banking takes care of all our individual clients, as well as businesses with an annual turnover of less than R700 million.
Though our retail channels of more than 1 000 staffed outlets and 3 500 ATMs, we offer a full range of services, including: transactional banking; card solutions; lending solutions; deposit-taking; risk management; a range of investment products; and card-acquiring services for business.
To collect on arrear accounts with regards to defaults on monthly instalments to reduce risk and provisions, in line with Nedbank business strategy.
- Ensure client account status are correct by checking the account history details on the system.
- Keep the customer profile updated by site visit; sending letters; statements and attach proof on the profile.
- Prioritise customer accounts by grading all accounts into risk categories and age analysis.
- Minimise potential loss to the bank by implementing the collection process and strategy.
- Ensure to comply with policies; procedures and regulations by following prescribed processes and mandates.
- Notify clients of dormant /excess or arrears accounts by preparing and sending relevant correspondence.
- Outline progress and planned actions for the forthcoming month by meeting with stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Escalate high risk matters (liquidation; deceased estates; absconsion; alienation; debt review; bad debt write-off; business rescue; arrear accounts; etc..) by distributing to relevant stakeholders.
- Improve workflow and time management efficiencies by proactive planning and implementing credit control process
- Ensure internal and external stakeholders perform within agreed turnaround time and Service Level Agreements by monitoring the accounts.
- Rehabilitate accounts by contacting; negotiating; concluding and monitoring arrangements with client and authorised third parties.
- Reduce and manage impairments and credit loss ratio by applying the appropriate actions including drawing daily reports and distributing to relevant stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Maintain client satisfaction by responding to general queries on risk or arrears timeously.
- Contribute to team dynamics by sharing knowledge and ideas.
- Build and maintain business relationships with internal and external stakeholders by sharing performance expectations.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Minimum Experience Level
- 2 – 3 years collections call centre experience
- Must be willing to work shifts
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Decision Making
- Stress Tolerance
- ***All applications are managed through our Careers Page and must be completed on our Applicant System***
- ***Please do not apply via e-mail***
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566