The Financial Services Board (FSB) is looking for an Junior Analyst to join its Actuarial Pensions (Transfers) Department. The purpose of the job is to provide support to the Actuarial Pensions Department in the analysis and processing of section 14 transfer applications, extensions and queries. Section 14 transfers entail the transfer of business between retirement funds (Ref No: FSB 335)
- A graduate with a relevant Bachelors’ Degree and up to 1 year working experience.
- Candidates with a good knowledge and exposure to the financial sector, as well as a good understanding of the Pension Funds Act of 1956 will have an advantage.
Key Performance Areas
- Evaluating and analysing applications for the transfer of business between retirement funds;
- Ensuring that legislation and the rules of funds are complied with when granting section 14 transfer approval;
- Assisting the Manager and HOD with ad-hoc requests;
- Dealing with the administration and analysis of applications for extensions;
- Dealing with various actuarial correspondence, follow-ups and other administration;
- Undertaking projects at the request of the Manager or HOD; and
- Assisting with the general regulation of Retirement Funds in as far as the transfer of business between retirement funds is concerned.
Other Key Competencies:
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Computer literacy and excellent communication (verbal and written) skills; problem solving skills; ability to perform under pressure without compromising quality and work in a team.
The candidate will be subjected to competency assessment and integrity checks before an appointment is made.
Enquiries regarding the post should be made with Mr Andy Raphahlela at ext 8010.
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward their CV’s for attention of Ms Itumeleng Manyelo at e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 18 August 2017.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for psychometric testing and interviews. Should you not be invited, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Via – FSB