The Competition Commission is looking for a Graduate Trainee to join its Policy & Research division in Pretoria. The programme is available on a twelve 12 months fixed term contract. This is a great opportunity for you to actively participate in reaching the objectives of building an efficient functioning, free and fair economy for all South Africans. Exposure to excellent training opportunities. An opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the attainment of the Competition Commission’s vision 2030 of a Growing and inclusive Economy that serves all South Africans.The trainee will receive an annual total cost to company package of R170 038.
The Competition Commission is responsible for: investigating and assessing anti-competitive behaviour in response to complaints, investigating large mergers, making referral to the Competition Tribunal; and investigating and deciding on intermediate mergers. In addition, it undertakes advocacy work to promote compliance with the Competition Act.
Policy & Research does economic research and analyses market conditions, structures and trends, and provides economic input to cases.
- Applicants must have completed Honours in Economics degree.
- Be a South African citizen.
- A consistent academic performer with an average of 60% pass rate.
- Should not have worked as a permanent employee previously.
- Good analytical, research and investigative skills.
- Well-developed writing skills
- Interpersonal skills as well as computer literacy are prerequisites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Be a self-starter.
- The ability to work under pressure
- An energetic, dynamic and committed individual
- Computer literacy.
How to apply
Applications close on 24 August 2017. Click here to apply online