Location: Makhado, ZA
16th August 2017
Sales and Services
FAIS Affected – Yes
To retain, maintain and increase Nedbank’s client base through relevant need-based selling and servicing of financial products and services to various Loan outlets.
- Deliver on targets, due dates & all service level agreements by selling Nedbank products in identified communities
- Accept and implement advice, resulting in improved performance by identifying sales opportunities and community involvement.
- Understand and meet client needs through conducting client needs-based analysis aligned to Nedbank procedures and FAIS Act.
- Create synergy and build relationships with internal stakeholders by participating in collaboration meetings and adhering to standard operating procedures.
- Build and maintain internal and external vendor and supplier relationships by identifying improvement opportunities and by meeting with vendors and suppliers according to Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure work completed to plan, progress reviewed and corrective action taken by monitoring activities, reviewing action plans and taking corrective action.
- Deliver agreed results and create an environment in communities for selling Nedbank products and services by utilizing resources according to Nedbank policies and procedures.
- Manage risk by meeting technical, company standards, practices and resource management (e.g. ultraviolet lights to identify false identity documents).
- Comply with risk standards, monitor and ensure corrective action by taking
- and resolving challenges in community sales areas.
- Identify and resolve work obstacles and problems through participating in team meetings, sharing information and reviewing performance against targets and standards.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge and sharing knowledge with team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes, systems and policies and support implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Diploma or Degree in Finance or FAIS-related qualification with Regulatory Examination 1
Type of Exposure
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Completing various administrative duties
- Managing conflict situations
- Comparing two or more sets of information.
- Communicating internally
- Capturing data
- Checking accuracy of reports and records
- Building and maintaining effective relationships externally and internally
- Managing customer expectations
- Interacting with diverse people
- Interacting with external clients
- Working in a fast passed environment
- Working in a team
- Working with spread sheets
Minimum Experience Level
1-2 years experience in a customer service and/or sales environment, in a financial institution
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Microsoft Office
- Business writing skills
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Data analysis
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Banking knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Sales Disposition
- High-Impact Communication
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Expanding and Advancing Opportunities
- Active Learning
- Managing Work (includes Time Management)
- Contributing to Team Success
view job here
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566