Closing Date: 11 August 2017, 11:55 pm SA Standard Time
Ref No: 721904
De Beers Sightholder Sales South Africa (DBSSSA), based at Harry Oppenheimer House, Kimberley, invites applications for the 2017 Graduate Internship Programme , which seeks to develop and up skill unemployed young graduates with knowledge, experience and skills in the South African Diamond Industry.
The programme kicks off with a comprehensive induction that provides the candidates with in-depth insight into the DBSSSA culture and processes and all of the knowledge, skills and information that the successful candidates will need to get started with the programme.
Opportunities will be given to recent graduates with minimal experience who are currently unemployed from previously disadvantaged communities. Preference will be given to People living with Disabilities, African Female and Male residing in Kimberley and/or Northern Cape. Successful candidates will be expected to enter into a minimum of 6-12 months contract with DBSSSA. Successful candidates will receive a predetermined stipend amount of R6, 500.00 per month during the course of the programme. Successful candidates shall at all times be responsible for their own accommodation and transport. The employer shall pay no pension fund, housing subsidy, medical aid and any other allowances.
THE GRADUATE PROGRAMME WILL BE FOR A MINIMUM PERIOD OF 6-12 MONTHS FOCUSING IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Information Technology / Software Developer
- Industrial Engineering / Process Flow Improvement / Continuous Business Improvement
- Statistical Analyst / data analysis for future planning
- Bachelor’s Degree / Honors / Master’s in one of the following:-
- Commercial / Supply Chain,
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology,
- Statistical Analyst
- Marketing / Sales
- Unemployed graduates that graduated in the past year or two
- Self-starter and enjoys challenges
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical, Process thinking, Problem Solving and Innovative Skills
- Advanced Computer Skills
- Be prepared to operate in a strictly controlled security environment
- A Certificate from the South African Police Service indicating that the applicant does not have a criminal record
- Subject to successful security and medical clearance
It is DBSSSA’s intention to promote equal employment opportunities with this Graduate Programme.
Applications must consist of a covering letter, updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of original qualifications, academic transcripts, the applicant’s ID and the name clearance certificate from SAPS.
How To Apply